Are you seeing this error when syncing orders into QuickBooks Desktop?
Error:There was an error when saving a Invoice. QuickBooks error message: The Transaction Sales Tax field cannot be left blank, even for non-taxable customers and sales which have no taxable items, so non-taxable sales will be correct for this district.
This error usually occurs when the "Most Common Sales Tax" field in QuickBooks settings is left blank.
- In QuickBooks
- 1. Click Edit/Preferences/Sales Tax.
- 2. Select company preferences tab.
- 3. Under the section "Set Up Sales Tax Items", select an item for the "Most Common Sales Tax"
- 4. Save the preferences and retry your import.
- Check to ensure that all the dropdowns in MyWorks Sync > Settings > Default are set.
- Check MyWorks Sync > Settings > Tax Codes and ensure all of the settings are filled out.
- Check MyWorks Sync > Map > Tax Rates and ensure the necessary tax rates are mapped.