By default, MyWorks will sync each Shopify order to its corresponding QuickBooks customer: searching QuickBooks for a matching customer by name or email, and creating a new customer in QuickBooks if a match isn't found.
However, it's also possible to instead sync Shopify orders to a single QuickBooks customer, or, to separate QuickBooks customers based on the Shopify customer Segment the order's customer is in!
This can be helpful in the below scenarios, for example:
- Your customers generally order only one time, and you don't want to create a separate customer for them in QuickBooks, as there likely won't be future customer history for them.
- Your QuickBooks customer list is already quite big, and you don't want new customers added to continue to grow this list.
This can be easily enabled in MyWorks Sync > Settings > Order in your Shopify Admin.
- Enable the setting to Sync Shopify Orders to one QuickBooks Customer.
- In the area that appears below, choose the desired QuickBooks customer that orders in each Shopify customer segment should sync to.
- Choose “Individual” if orders should sync to a matching QuickBooks customer by name or email.
- Or, choose one of the specific QuickBooks customers in the list to sync all orders from this segment into a single QuickBooks customer.
In the below example, orders from customers in the “Wholesale” Segment are syncing to their own individual customers in QuickBooks (based on a matching email or name); while orders from customers in the “VIP” and default “Customer” Segment are syncing to a single Shopify customer named “Shopify Retail Orders”.