Are you currently using Quickbooks Desktop and needing to change to QuickBooks Online? Since MyWorks Sync supports both QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop, this shouldn't be a disruption to how you sync with WooCommerce.
We've compiled a list of helpful tips below to consider as you plan your move from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online. Since there is a large difference in features between QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online, we always recommend carefully considering all the consequences of switching, as QuickBooks Desktop has many features that are not present in QuickBooks Online.
- MyWorks sync supports connecting with both QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop. When ready to stop syncing with QuickBooks Desktop, and begin connecting to QuickBooks Online, simply:
- Remove our QuickBooks Desktop sync helper plugin from your site,
- Add a QuickBooks Online sync plan to your account from within the My Plans menu in your account,
- Follow the prompts to install our QuickBooks Online helper plugin on your site and proceed with connecting to QuickBooks.
- Whether you migrate your QuickBooks Desktop company to QuickBooks Online, or start fresh with QuickBooks Online, you would need to re-set up our QuickBooks Online sync on your site, as settings/mappings from within our QuickBooks Desktop sync would not be able to be carried over.
- We have excellent documentation on our QuickBooks Online sync setup/usage here!