By default, we'll sync orders from WooCommerce into QuickBooks using the WooCommerce order ID as the Invoice/Sales Receipt number in QuickBooks. Alternatively, we can sync orders using a different number from the WooCommerce order, if you're using a plugin like Sequential Order Numbers Pro. See this doc on alternatives to syncing orders into QuickBooks with different numbers/formats to avoid conflicts.
If it's necessary to sync orders into QuickBooks without relying on any number from WooCommerce, we have an advanced setting that supports syncing orders into QuickBooks using the next QuickBooks invoice / sales receipt number. This is especially helpful if other orders are being manually entered in QuickBooks in addition to orders synced from WooCommerce to QuickBooks.
This feature is available to all paid Grow and Scale plan users - and requires the Custom Transaction Number setting (below) in QuickBooks to be off.
- John creates an invoice manually in QuickBooks - after saving, the number is #1261.
- Order #103 is placed in WooCommerce, and synced to QuickBooks. The QuickBooks invoice is #1262.
- Sarah creates an invoice manually in QuickBooks - after saving, the number is #1263.
- Order #104 is placed in WooCommerce and synced to QuickBooks. The QuickBooks Invoice is #1264.
- In order to enable this setting in our sync, the Custom Transaction Numbers setting in QuickBooks Company Settings must first be turned off. Before doing so - we recommend first ensuring that the most recent order in QuickBooks does have the correct number you'd like to start using sequentially.
- In your WooCommerce admin area, visit MyWorks Sync > Settings > Orders, and enable the Use Next QuickBooks # setting.
Any orders synced to QuickBooks from this point forward will follow the next QuickBooks number as the order is created in QuickBooks.
- The Custom Transaction Numbers setting in your QuickBooks Company Settings must first be turned off in order to see/enable this setting in our sync.
- With this setting enabled, WooCommerce orders will not have the same numbers as QuickBooks invoices/sales receipts.
- Our "sync status" badges will still correctly function with this setting enabled - as the QuickBooks ID of the invoice/sales receipt is stored in the WooCommerce order meta for us to use when checking sync status.
- The "sync status" for past orders synced before this setting was enabled may change to show as not synced in WooCommerce - even though the order itself is in QuickBooks. This is normal and can be ignored.