Congratulations - now that you've installed MyWorks WooCommerce Sync for QuickBooks POS, you can begin with the initial setup / configuration of your settings and mappings!
1. Refresh Background Data
Once you're connected to QuickBooks POS, the first step is to pre-load our sync with your current QuickBooks customers/products.
This data is used in your settings / mappings, and when we sync new data to QuickBooks. Refreshing data doesn't sync anything, we're just preloading our integration with your existing QuickBooks company products/customers.
- Go to MyWorks Sync > Refresh Data.
- Turn on the switches for the data you wish to refresh, then save. If this is your first time connecting to QuickBooks, all the switches should be turned on.
- Visit the QuickBooks Web Connector on your computer, and click Update Selected to run a sync. You'll see a log of activity in MyWorks Sync > Log, while you wait for the progress bars to complete.
- Once the refresh data finishes, visit MyWorks Sync > Refresh Data and turn all the switches off.
For more information on how the Refresh Data works, and when you need to refresh data, see our article here.
2. Configure Default Settings
Now that all QuickBooks data is loaded in our integration, it's time to review your settings!
- Visit MyWorks Sync > Settings to view your settings panel.
- Set and save the Dropdowns in the first Default tab. All of these must be filled out.
- Check the Automatic Sync tab to choose the data you would like to be automatically added to the Queue to sync into QuickBooks when the Web Connector runs.
All other settings are optional and can be left as is, unless specific extra functionality is required, and you understand the functionality of a setting you're enabling.
3. Map Existing Data
Now that your settings are confirmed, the last step is to map your existing data, like, products, and payment gateways, then you'll be all set to go!
You only need to map products that already exist in both WooCommerce and QuickBooks. If a product only exists in WooCommerce, it can be left unmapped, and you may push it to QuickBooks POS later if desired.
- Visit MyWorks Sync > Map > Products. Only products/variations that exist in both systems need to be mapped, as we can automatically sync over future products/variations. You can use the AutoMap by Name/SKU buttons to automatically map all products/variations that have a matching name or SKU in both systems.
- Visit MyWorks Sync > Map > Payment Methods. For each active gateway in WooCommerce, there will be shown a section to enable payment sync. Simply choose a matching payment method in QuickBooks for orders placed by this gateway to be synced into in QuickBooks.
- Charging taxes in WooCommerce? You can easily map these in MyWorks Sync >Map > Tax Rates.
Congratulations! Configuration is now complete. New orders will be automatically added to the queue to sync to QuickBooks, and you may also push over past orders in MyWorks Sync > Push.
Check Your Logs
Now that you're ready to sync, don't forget to keep an eye on your logs in MyWorks Sync > Logs to see the syncing activity that takes place. For more information about the Logs, go to our logging documentation.
Review Sync Settings
We also recommend you take a moment to familiarize yourself with how our integration syncs data to and from QuickBooks! You can control what data we're automatically syncing in MyWorks Sync > Settings > Automatic Sync.
Pushing existing data to QuickBooks
You can push existing data into QuickBooks using our Push pages in MyWorks Sync > Push.