MyWorks Sync is fully compatible with WooCommerce bundles, which are a separate product type (vs simple, variable or grouped.) It's important to note that you need the Woocommerce.com Product Bundles plugin to build a bundled product in WooCommerce.
In QuickBooks Online, it's entirely possible to create a Bundled product - much like you do in WooCommerce. First, you create your base/standard products, then you create a new product - and choose the Bundled type. Then, you choose the base/standard products to include in this bundled product.
MyWorks Sync supports syncing orders with bundled items (and inventory between child items) in the following ways:
- Mapping a parent WooCommerce bundled item to a QuickBooks parent bundled item
- Mapping child WooCommerce items to their corresponding child QuickBooks items
If parent bundled products are mapped together, MyWorks will be able to record the QuickBooks product bundle in the order synced to QuickBooks when the WooCommerce product bundle is ordered.
Alternatively, MyWorks Sync can instead sync only the child line items of a bundled product into the QuickBooks order when a bundled product is ordered in WooCommerce. This is helpful for cases where the bundled product is not necessary in QuickBooks, and only the individual line items need to be recorded in the QuickBooks transaction.
Here's a simple guide of what you can accomplish with bundled products using our QuickBooks Sync:
You are able to:
- Map a WooCommerce bundled product to a QuickBooks bundled product
- When a bundled product is ordered in WooCommerce, the mapped bundled product in QuickBooks Online will correctly be shown in the order synced to QuickBooks Online, OR, the child line items can be synced in the order to QuickBooks Online.
- Sync inventory between child inventory products inside a bundled product between WooCommerce and QuickBooks Online.
You are unable to:
- Push WooCommerce bundled products to QuickBooks Online. You must manually create bundled products in QuickBooks Online.
- Pull QuickBooks Online bundled products into WooCommerce. You must manually create bundled products in WooCommerce.
As discussed above, the only requirement in our integration regarding bundles is to map them correctly. You may do so in MyWorks Sync > Map > Products. This can easily be done in several ways:
Auto-Map by SKU (recommended): As long as the WooCommerce Bundle and QuickBooks Online Bundle have matching SKUS, you can scroll to the bottom of the page and click the button to AutoMap by SKU. This will scan both WooCommerce products and QuickBooks Online products and automatically match the ones with matching SKUs to save you time manually matching them.
Auto-Map by name: As long as the WooCommerce bundles and QuickBooks Online bundles have matching names, you can scroll to the bottom of the page and click the button to AutoMap by Name. This will scan both WooCommerce products and QuickBooks Online products and automatically match the ones with names that match exactly to save you time manually matching them.
Manually: Simply choose the matching product bundle in QuickBooks Online that corresponds to the appropriate WooCommerce product bundle in the dropdown on this page.
Once your bundles are mapped, there’s no further action needed. When a bundle is ordered in WooCommerce, the correct QuickBooks Online product bundle will show in the invoice/sales receipt in QuickBooks Online when the order syncs over.
It is important to remember to map your standard/base products that make up your product bundles - so that inventory can sync between them when ordered individually.