Need to connect or re-connect our sync to your QuickBooks company using MyWorks Sync? This normally is necessary if you are:
- Are using a staging/test QuickBooks company to test our sync
- Need to switch to a new/different QuickBooks company
- Have upgraded your QuickBooks company to a new version
- Have changed computers/servers that your QuickBooks company is on
1. Remove the current connection
Open the QuickBooks Web Connector on your computer. Do you still see our application present? Click Remove to the far right of our application to remove it.
Note: The original QuickBooks company you connected to must be open if you need to remove the application. If your original QuickBooks company isn't available to open any longer, you can follow these steps to force-remove an application from the Web Connector.
2. Reconnect to QuickBooks
- Ensure QuickBooks Desktop is open with the company you intend to connect to. You must be logged into QuickBooks as an administrator for this step.
- In MyWorks Sync > Connection in your Wordpress Admin, click the Generate QWC file button on the bottom left.
- Double click the resulting downloaded file to open it in the Web Connector and finalize connecting to your new QuickBooks Company.
- Once you see the MyWorks application in the Web Connector, copy the Web Connector Password from MyWorks Sync > Connection on your site - to the Password field in the web connector.
3. Refresh data and configure settings (if different company file)
Is the new QuickBooks company you're connecting to a duplicate/copy of the old QuickBooks company file? If so, you're all set, and you can resume syncing!
If your new QuickBooks company is not a copy/duplicate of your old QuickBooks company file, you will simply need to follow our Setup Steps again to refresh data and correctly update your settings to being syncing with your new QuickBooks company.