This compatibility add-on for our WooCommerce Sync for QuickBooks Desktop sync enhances our sync to sync WooCommerce orders over to QuickBooks Desktop using the custom order number set by the WooCommerce Sequential Order Numbers Pro plugin from WooCommerce.com - instead of the default WooCommerce order ID. This is most useful if you need to ensure your WooCommerce order numbers don't conflict with QuickBooks Online invoice numbers. Read our article here on why this sometimes occurs.
What do I need?
Once you have both our Compatibility Add-on and the WooCommerce Sequential Order Numbers Pro plugin - it's time to install and configure them.
- Install both plugins by uploading the zip file in Plugins > Add New in your Wordpress admin, or by uploading the plugin files to wp-content/plugins via FTP.
- Once both plugins are installed, you may activate them.
- First, we'll set up the WooCommerce Sequential Order Numbers Pro plugin.
- Visit WooCommerce > Settings in your Wordpress admin sidebar.
- On the first tab in the resulting page (Orders), scroll down to the new "Order Numbers" section added by this plugin.
- The image above shows the recommended setting for configuring these settings. You may, of course, configure it any way you'd like. Don't forget to save when you're finished!
- Secondly, we'll set up Compatibility add-on for the WooCommerce Sequential Order Numbers Pro plugin.
- Visit MyWorks Sync > Compatibility in your Wordpress admin sidebar. If you can't find this tab, ensure you've activated our compatibility plugin.
- In the section labeled WooCommerce Sequential Order Numbers Pro, click the switch to turn on compatibility.
- Once you've completed the above steps, future WooCommerce orders will be correctly numbered with the settings you set in Step 2, and our sync will sync the orders over to QuickBooks Desktop using these new/custom numbers.