Our WooCommerce Sync for QuickBooks Desktop has built-in compatibility to sync WooCommerce orders over to QuickBooks Desktop using the custom order number set by the WooCommerce Sequential Order Numbers Pro plugin from WooCommerce.com - instead of the default WooCommerce order ID. This is most useful if you need to ensure your WooCommerce order numbers don't conflict with QuickBooks Online invoice numbers. Read our article here on why this sometimes occurs.
What do I need?
Once you have the WooCommerce Sequential Order Numbers Pro plugin - it's time to install and configure it.
- Install the plugin by uploading the zip file in Plugins > Add New in your WordPress admin, or by uploading the plugin files to wp-content/plugins via FTP.
- Once the plugin is installed, you may activate it.
- First, we'll set up the WooCommerce Sequential Order Numbers Pro plugin:
- Visit WooCommerce > Settings in your WordPress admin sidebar.
- On the first tab in the resulting page (Orders), scroll down to the new "Order Numbers" section added by this plugin.
- The image above shows the recommended setting for configuring these settings. You may, of course, configure it any way you'd like. Don't forget to save when you're finished!
- Secondly, we'll enable the additional compatibility present in MyWorks for the WooCommerce Sequential Order Numbers Pro plugin by visiting MyWorks Sync > Compatibility in your WordPress admin sidebar.
- In the section labeled WooCommerce Sequential Order Numbers Pro, click the switch to turn on compatibility.
Once you've completed the above steps, future WooCommerce orders will be correctly numbered, and our sync will sync the orders over to QuickBooks Desktop using these new/custom numbers.