Are you getting the below error message when attempting to run the Web Connector?
Message: "Authentication Failed"
This means that QuickBooks is unable to securely connect to our sync on your site. There are a few possible causes for this:
- Your local computer firewall is not allowing access to your site.
- Our sync on your site is not active/licensed. Ensure a valid license key is entered.
- Your website firewall or security plugins are blocking access from the Web Connector.
- QuickBooks Web Connector sends requests without Request Headers, which can cause some security plugins/firewalls to block them. Try temporarily disabling your security plugins/firewalls to test - then add a rule to whitelist your IP to resolve.
- Ensure you have no "Under Construction" or "Redirection" plugins/processes active on the site that might redirect the QuickBooks Connection.
- You're hosted on WPengine. See our doc on how to disable RedirectBots to allow the connection.