Are you getting the below error message when running the Web Connector to sync data?
Message: "QBWC1013: Error connecting to QuickBooks" or "Application requested to abort"
This typically means that the Web Connector is having a problem finding your QuickBooks company file to be able to connect to it. Follow the below steps to get a better description of the issue first:
- In the Web Connector, click More Information to see the additional details for the error.
- In the Web Connector, click View Log to see a detailed activity log, which can also be sent to our support.
Steps to Resolve
Based on the detailed error that the Web Connector is showing, the below may be occurring:
Could not start QuickBooks.
This means that your QuickBooks company file is either not open, or the correct path is not set in MyWorks Sync > Connection, if you wish to sync with your QuickBooks company file closed.
- Ensure the QuickBooks company you wish to sync with is opened, or,
- Ensure the full and accurate file path of your QuickBooks company is entered in MyWorks Sync > Connection, if you're syncing with QuickBooks while it's closed.
This application is not allowed to log into this QuickBooks company data file automatically. The QuickBooks administrator can grant permission for an automatic login through the Integrated Application preferences.
This can occur if the QuickBooks company file has been moved, renamed, or administrator users/permissions changed. This means that QuickBooks is needing an administrator user to re-authorize our sync with your QuickBooks company.
- Inside the Web Connector, click Remove next to MyWorks Sync.
- Visit MyWorks Sync > Connection in our sync on your site to generate a new QWC file.
- Open QuickBooks, log in as the administrator user, and open the above QWC file to reconnect.
Recent changes to your configuration require you (the QuickBooks Administrator) to go into the Integrated Applications preferences and re-authorize your integrated application to log in automatically.
Follow the steps above to visit QuickBooks > Edit > Preferences > Integrated Applications, click on Properties next to our sync, and ensure it's set to allow login automatically. This can happen after a QuickBooks version upgrade.
- On your QuickBooks computer where the Web Connector is running, log into your QuickBooks company as the Admin user.
- Run the Web Connector. You will receive a popup from QuickBooks asking to Authorize connecting to your QuickBooks company. You should choose the 3rd or 4th radio button that enables the web connector to connect to QuickBooks any time it's open, or while closed - if desired.
- Then, the web connector will be able to run normally going forward - regardless of who is logged into QuickBooks.