Need to connect or re-connect MyWorks Sync to your QuickBooks company or computer? This normally is necessary if you are:
- Are using a staging/test QuickBooks company to test our sync
- Need to switch to a new/different QuickBooks company
- Have upgraded your QuickBooks company to a new version
- Have changed computers/servers that your QuickBooks company is on
Or, do you need to:
- Add our sync to additional QuickBooks computers? See our doc here on doing so.
- Connect your QuickBooks company to a new domain / WooCommerce store? See our doc here on doing so.
1. Remove the current connection
This is only necessary if our sync is already present in your Web Connector but is not working as needed / needs to be reconnected. If you're adding MyWorks to your Web Connector on this computer for the first time, this step can be skipped.
Open the QuickBooks Web Connector on your computer. Do you still see our application present? Click Remove to the far right of our application to remove it.
Note: The original QuickBooks company you connected to must be open if you need to remove the application. If your original QuickBooks company isn't available to open any longer, you can follow these steps to force-remove an application from the Web Connector.
2. Connect to QuickBooks
- Ensure QuickBooks Desktop is open with the company you intend to connect to. You must be logged into QuickBooks as an administrator for this step.
- On your WooCommerce store, visit your Wordpress admin area, and in MyWorks Sync > Connection, click the Generate QWC file button on the bottom left.
- Double click the resulting downloaded file to open it in the Web Connector and finalize connecting to your new QuickBooks Company.
- Once you see the MyWorks application in the Web Connector, copy the Web Connector Password from MyWorks Sync > Connection on your site - to the Password field in the web connector.
3. Refresh data and configure settings (if different company file)
Is the new QuickBooks company you're connecting to a duplicate/copy of the old QuickBooks company file? If so, you're all set, and you can resume syncing!
If your new QuickBooks company is not a copy/duplicate of your old QuickBooks company file, you will simply need to follow our Setup Steps again to refresh data and correctly update your settings to being syncing with your new QuickBooks company.